Helping You Turn Your American Dream Into A Reality

Is A U Visa Or A VAWA Petition An Option For You?

You may qualify for a U visa, leading to a green card, if you have been a victim of criminal activity in the U.S. Perhaps you were a victim of crime and, as a result, suffered mental or physical abuse. Alternatively, you may qualify to apply for a green card through a Violence Against Women’s Act (VAWA) self-petition if your spouse or parent who is a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (LPR) abused you. You can file a VAWA petition while in the U.S. or at a consular processing location outside the U.S.

At Crooms Immigration Law in Los Alamitos, you have an available ally to stand by your side through the U visa or VAWA application process. I am attorney Monica Crooms. My dedicated staff and I are especially eager to help qualifying noncitizens apply for legal protection through a U visa or a VAWA application.

What May Qualify You For A U Visa Or VAWA Protection Status

You may be eligible for a U visa or green card status through a VAWA petition if you have been a victim of:

  • Domestic violence
  • Sexual assault
  • Felony assault
  • Human trafficking
  • Kidnapping
  • Another crime that caused you fear and distress

At Crooms Immigration Law, you will find compassionate, timely help in such cases. We will help you get your application processed efficiently, with complete and compelling documentation.

We Want You To Find Safety And A Way Forward After You Have Been The Target Of Abuse Or Another Crime

As immigration law professionals working in California, my staff and I empathize greatly with our clients. Please note that sometimes men qualify to apply through VAWA, too. Whether you are a man, woman or child, we are here for you if you qualify for one of these legal protections. The first step – contacting us – can be the hardest, but it’s also the most important.

Learn more about U visas, VAWA applications and other special paths to green card status as they relate to your unique circumstances. Reach out to a knowledgeable lawyer by calling 562-502-8401 or sending an email inquiry.